Saturday, March 8, 2014

Time Change and Time Flew


Greetings Everyone!
Tonight the time changes which means daylight when I come home from work - Yippee!  I hope Jan and Feb months were good to you.  February was busy with Birthdays.  I was able to accomplish some Block of the Months (BOM), a baby hexi quilt, a Valentine table runner and paper pieced a shamrock that I turned into a mug rug.  All were accomplished in between playing at Disneyland, taking a mini vacation and hanging out with my Mom!

Jan - Sugar Block Club

Feb - Sugar Block Club

Hexi Baby Quilt 

Valentine Table Runner - Front View
Valentine Table Runner - Back View
Shamrock - Pattern from Craftsy
To make the hexi quilt you can get the template from the Missiouri Star Quilt Co.  I took a free motion class to learn some of the basics.  This was the first big quilt that I did the free motion swirls on the quilt.

For the Valentine table runner you can get the pattern from Diary of a Quilter by Amy Smart. It is a really cute and fun to make!

The Shamrock is from Craftsy.  It is paper piecing that is really fun. Plus I used a tracing wheel that was my Grandma's.  You use it on the lines of the paper before you sew. That way it is easier to tear the paper after you sew.  I'm hoping to make a few more of the Shamrocks!  As we are in March this month is full of birthdays too!  So happy birthday to my Mom, my adorable Nephew and my dear friend Ann!  Oh and my dear Pops who I miss so much!

Well, stay tuned for some more BOM and quilts that need to be finished.

Be well and stay healthy!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment