Monday, June 8, 2015

Busy - Having Fun - Quilt Retreat

Hello Everyone: You can say busy work, hanging with family, quilting and playing at Disneyland has I guess you can say got in the way of blogging.

Hope everyone is doing great!  Life is good over here!  I went to my first sewing retreat (Sew South) in April in North Carolina and it was such a huge bonus to see my dear next door neighbor who moved there several years ago.  We had so much fun playing, laughing and yup she even took me to the biggest fabric store I have ever seen (Costco size store) Mary Jo's Cloth Store.  Boy oh boy the fabric Whew! The Sew South Retreat was amazing - so much fun - met new friends so many great quilters! Meeting Amy Gibson (http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com) and Jennifer Mathis (www.EllisonLane.com) was amazing. I have been following Amy for many years who then shared about Jennifer in her blog years ago! Thanks Amy for teaching me on how to make my first pillow.  They were so much fun to get to know and to learn from them!  Jennifer put on the best retreat especially for me who stepped out of her boundries.  I can't wait to go back to another retreat and to play again with my "Hi De Ho Neighbor" that I miss playing and chatting up a storm (plus her family)! When we were little we would just chat out of our windows to discuss  the plans for the weekend fun.
          


The other fun thing is that I decided to do was to join a modern quilt guild.  Which has been fun meeting new people, learning new tips and sharing the fun items you make!  

Have a fun summer!  Boy it's hard to believe it summer! 

Here's some photos (wallet and pillow) from Sew South and a baby blanket (Prism Pattern by Amy Gibson).
 

Off to sewing I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment